Frequently Asked Questions

What is my driving distance to Broken Bow?

Dallas – Broken Bow is 197 miles from the center of Dallas. It is a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive, depending upon your starting point.

Oklahoma City – Broken Bow is 255 miles from the center of Oklahoma City – usually a 4-hour drive.

Tulsa – Broken Bow is 218 miles from Tulsa – usually a 3 1/2 hour drive.

What time is check-in / check-out?
Check-in time is 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 11:00 AM. These times are firm in order to allow adequate time for cleaning between guests. Even if nobody is due to check in after your departure, we want our cabins clean and ready for any last-minute bookings.

What are the cabin amenities?
All Beavers Bend Adventures cabins have hot tubs*, fireplaces, free wifi, fully equipped kitchens and luxury bed linens and towels are provided. Each cabin has a gas grill with propane provided.

When will I receive directions & cabin entry instructions?
You will receive directions from Broken Bow to your cabin, as well as your cabin’s key code, by e-mail 1 day prior to your arrival. You can get directions to your cabin from our website: www.beaversbendadventures.com.  Click: CABINS.  Find Your Cabin and on Click: “Get Directions” just below the cabin photo.

Do you have handicapped facilities?
No – some cabins are more suited for the handicapped with only 0 – 3 steps and one story. Some cabins have ramp entries.

Are pets allowed?
On our website it will say pet friendly with a dog icon by the cabins that accept pets. The cost is $25 per night, per pet. If you aren’t sure pets will be coming, just let us know if they end up coming later on and we will add on the fee for you. Please be sure to bathe, brush and treat fleas and ticks before bringing your furry family member to the cabin. We also request you to crate your pets when leaving them at the cabin. PLEASE DO NOT SHUT YOUR PET INSIDE OF ONE ROOM OF THE CABIN WHILE YOU ARE GONE. THEY WILL SCRATCH THE DOOR! CRATE YOUR PETS WHILE YOU ARE GONE PLEASE. Pet fees do not cover scratches on doors.

Are any of the cabins located on the lake?
Broken Bow Lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers. Therefore, no cabins or homes are allowed to be built near the water. Our cabins are tucked into the Ouachita National Forest, with Beavers Bend State Park and Broken Bow Lake located 1 – 5 miles from any of our cabins.  It is a short drive to the nature & hiking trails, the trout streams, zip lining, the lake, Hochatown restaurants, wineries, breweries and shops, or the Cedar Creek golf course.

Where can we find supplies and groceries in the area?
Pruett’s Grocery in Broken Bow, Super Wal-Mart in Idabel or a small Wal-Mart in Broken Bow (has very few groceries).

If I book today, what charges apply to my credit card?
There is a non-refundable deposit in the amount of one night’s stay, which is charged to your card right away. The deposit is applied toward your balance, which is charged to your credit card 14 days prior to your arrival, or 30 days prior to major holiday & Spring Break arrivals.

Do you accept cash payments?
No, a valid credit card is required in order to make a reservation. If your card will not process your payment, you could loose your reservation if not resolved promptly.

What if we have more people in our group than the cabin sleeps?
Cabins are equipped to comfortably sleep the maximum number indicated (2 per bed and 2 per sleeper sofa). We supply enough amenities (towels, dishes, etc.) for that number of people. We STRONGLY suggest that you rent additional cabins for additional occupants. See the Beavers Bend Adventures map to find cabins located nearby. If you over-crowd your cabin, you may be asked to leave the premises, without a refund.

Are there any restaurants in the area?
There are many restaurants within 1 to 3 miles from all the Beavers Bend Adventures cabins – Shady Oaks, Cielito Lindo Mexican, Abendigos, Mt. Fork Brewery & Pizza, The Noodle Shop, Stevens Gap, Blue Rooster, Shuck Me, Mt. Fork Brewery, Rolling Fork, The Weinery at Beavers Bend Brewery, Fish Tales Winery & Bistro, Beavers Bend Cafe.  All are casual dress. There are additional restaurants in Broken Bow and Idabel.  See our Area Attractions page.

Do I need to buy a fishing license?
When fishing in the river, people 14 & over must hold a valid Oklahoma fishing license. (Trout stamps are no longer required). When fishing on Broken Bow Lake, only a permanent or temporary fishing license is required. Fishing licenses can be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores or the Beavers Bend State Park office. Broken Bow Lake is well known for large mouth bass, white bass, crappie & walleye. Fishing guides are available. Mountain Fork River is a designated trout stream. Rainbow and brown trout are stocked two times per month. See stocking dates on the Oklahoma Wildlife website. For more fishing guide info, go to www.visitmccurtaincounty.com.

Where are the boat ramps?
Beavers Bend Marina is located on Stevens Gap Road. You should use an alternate boat ramp on major holidays. There are four other boat ramps in Carson Creek and Stevens Gap. See the map on the Beavers Bend Adventures website

Are water craft rentals available?
Yes – pontoon boats, fishing boats and Jet Ski rentals are available at Beavers Bend Marina. Call 580-494-6455, or reserve online at www.beaversbendmarina.com.

Are Canoe rentals available?
Yes – half-day or full-day canoe rentals are available on the lower Mountain Fork River. Also inside Beavers Bend State Park are canoe, paddle boats, bumper boats and kayak rentals. See the Area Attractions page of the Beavers Bend Adventures web site for phone numbers.

Are there mountain bike and hiking trails in the area?
All designated bike / hiking trails are located within the boundaries of Beavers Bend State Park. Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions. It is a good idea to notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) to let them know your plans to hike or bike the trails.

Are there designated ATV trails?
Yes – the Information Center has area ATV trail maps and info.  It is located at the main entrance to Beavers Bend State Park, Hwy. 259 at Hwy. 259-A, the State Park entrance.  Be sure to obtain and understand the rules and regulations before riding the trails. The nearest ATV access is one mile North of the Northern Hills addition. The trails going East and West from this point do not require an access pass. Please read the ATV rules posted on the tree on the East side of Hwy. 259 for any updates.

May we ride our ATV vehicles from the cabins?
No – you must trailer your vehicles to the trails. Best are 1 mile N. of Northern Hills.

Are your cabins air conditioned?
Yes – all of our cabins are luxury homes, fully equipped with thermostat controlled central heating and air conditioning.

Do your cabins have fireplaces?
Yes – all of our cabins have fireplaces for winter use and outdoor fire rings for campfires. Don’t forget to bring fire starters and, of course, s’mores ingredient – Hershey bars, graham crackers and marshmallows!

Are there wild animals in the area?
The cabins are located in the forest and we share the forest with rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, etc. For your protection, caution should be taken against poison ivy and 2 types of poisonous snakes – copperheads and rattlesnakes. Poison ivy and bug repellant is suggested. Spray feet, ankles, legs, etc. with mosquito repellant to also ward off chiggers.

Are 4-wheel drive vehicles required?
All of our cabins have access for cars, boats, trailers, etc. Most require a short drive on a gravel road.

When will I get my driving directions and how do I get to the cabin?
We will provide you a starting point a week before arrival, and then you follow the directions to get to your cabin. The actual cabin addresses usually don’t work for GPS, so that’s why you will take the directions from the starting point in Broken Bow. Most cabins have a keypad for the front door, put the code in there to enter the cabin.